So I've been potty training Rylee now for a week and a 1/2 and she is perfect with going "pee pee" but refuses to do the other (#2) HELP ME!! I need some tips! She has only accomplished this 1 time (in the toilet) in 10 days and the other times have been in her pants. I've done SO much research which is only confusing me more! So if any of you could give me some tips....I would really appreciate it. She seems extremely scared to do it to the point where she is holding it in and making her poor little tummy sick! Every time she is out of my sight, with-in seconds, she has had an accident (again with the #2) I'm worried that she is going to hurt her intestines and such so any comments you could leave would be very appreciated!! Thanks!!
6 years ago
4 comments:
I also have read a lot of conflicting and confusing things about potty training. The best advice I read was this: make going to the potty part of the daily routine. Establish set times (when she is most likely to need to go--first thing in the morning, after lunch, etc.) and have her sit on the potty at those times. say, "it's time to go potty," not "do you need to go potty," and set her on there. If she gets off right away, don't make a big deal of it. Just say "good practicing" and move on. Be consistant, and she'll do it when she's ready. All other things i tried just seemed to increase anxiety and resistance. Also, go buy yourself a "treat" to save your sanity for having to deal with poop so often.
wish i could help you out. sorry! :) good luck!
I really don't have any advice, but I'm sure I'll be needing some in a few years. I just thought your post was funny b/c my other cousin just put up a post about the same thing. She'd told her kid she'd give him a prize if there were no accidents or little puddles around the house... so instead of making a puddle he emptied out the toy box and peed in there. Good Luck!
I have no advice, just complete sympathy!!! Addison has had no accidents with "pee pee" morning, noon or night for about 4 months now. HOWEVER- I still can't get her to poop in the potty! I'm right there with ya sister!! If you find any info- pass it along my way! My other kids had no problems but Addie had decided I need to learn some patience, I guess!!
Post a Comment