Sunday, August 23, 2009

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!



Last Wednesday was the big FIRST DAY OF SHOOL for the kids. My little buddy Mitchell is no longer little... he started Kindergarten (sniff..sniff...sniff!) Rylee started Pre-School. Lorne even got emotional when dropping them off this day. It was just sad to see him standing in the line in the hall getting ready to enter his classroom with a big smile on his face and he just looked SO BIG!! After we dropped Mitchell off, we went to take Rylee and this girl has no fear. She took her back pack, put it on and turned her head straight up into the sky and started strutting her way into school with her hand on her hip... like she has done this THOUSANDS of times!! "HELLOOO".... i said " where's my hug?" "oh" she said, then pranced back to me, hugged me quickly and again was on her way to be independent for the rest of her life!
Later that day when I went to pick up the kids, Rylee did the same thing when I picked her up...just looking like she was living on cloud nine! Mitchell on the other hand was different. He got in the car and I said " how was your first day of school?" then he said "hmmm, ... it was boring" very matter of factly!! You can always count on kids to tell you JUST how it is!!
All in all is was a good day and we are all adjusting around here to this new little schedule!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Brain Balance Mom said...

You have the most beautiful children ever! They looks so cute. I wish we were closer - My kids would LOVE To play with yours...

Anne said...

Oh~ I am so happy to see the kidos are off to a good start. Hopefully the days will start being more interesting for Mitchell. That is so funny that he told you his first day was boring!!! Drew liked his first day a lot and was even singing a song when I picked him up until he went to bed that night. I can't wait to talk to you and get the whole scoop about everything that is going on!!! Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Awe, they are so big, it brings tears. Love that Rylee strutted her stuff! Both kiddos going to school, what are you going to do w/ yourself? :)

Springers said...

How often is preschool? The kids look so cute. And it sounds like you will have some quiet time to enjoy!

Whitney said...

ha ha, nice backpack!